Friday, March 26, 2010

Toothpaste Mess revised

In January I wrote about our constant toothpaste mess. The TouchNBrush worked fine for about a month. I had to frequently take the bottom piece off and wash it, but better than the gobs of paste I used to find on the floor, the sink, the towel, the mirror, etc. (Please remember I have 6 kids and the oldest is 10.) Changing the toothpaste was a huge pain, it simply did not work as smoothly and easily as advertised. Now for a couple where a tube will last a month or more this will probably not be an issue. We got through a tube about every other week (yes, I buy the largest tubes possible).

The big problem? The stupid thing attaches to the wall with suction cups. Initially they seemed pretty strong with a fairly secure fit. Apparently though, as it gets knocked down a few times the suction cups just do not secure as well the next time. Yes, I tried cleaning the cups, the wall, etc. But the stupid thing just falls down.

End result: $20 wasted. We are back to using binder clips.

2 comments:

  1. How stupid that it doesn't have screws to attach to the wall. Even tooth brush holders screw to the wall. Well good to know before we bought one. I hate the toothpaste mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete