Friday, November 13, 2009

Love the skin your in!

As you may know, recently pictures of Sammy Sosa have plastered the web. It seems that he uses some cream to soften his face which also has lightened his skin.

Whether the lightening of his skin was intentional or not, it has sparked quite a bit of internet buzz.

Recently my almost two year old has taken a liking to running around the house shirtless singing "I naked, I naked!" She has no care in the world, she is enjoying the feeling of freedom from shirts. While some may find this a little disconcerting I realized the beauty of the situation. God was reminding me to love ourselves as we are. As a two year old she sees nothing wrong with running around without a shirt. She isn't wondering if she looks too fat or if her skin is too light/too dark, if she has a big bug bite on her shoulder or if there is some "too large" mole on her back. She simply doesn't care. I was hoping to add a video here for all of you to enjoy, unfortunately, my camera is not playing nicely with either of my computers. Go figure.

Ah, the lessons I can learn from her! Like Adam and Eve after eating from the forbidden tree, I can not bring myself to be unclothed for much more than the shower every morning. To run around like her, I would be worrying about all that fat around my gut and low hanging boobs, even if I was 100% alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment