Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Shoe review - part 1

I admit it - I have been intrigued for a couple of months on the claim of Sketchers new line, the Shape-Ups. My walking shoes were in need of retiring so I was going to immediately go get the Shape-ups, until I realized the MSRP was $110! Oh. After thinking about it for over two months, finding them at the outlet store for $99.99 and having a $10 coupon for that store. I finally went ahead and bought myself a pair. I rationalized spending nearly $100 on myself until the cows came home. But, the fact of the matter is: I actually do feel the difference in my thighs already. I bought them less than a week ago. And since some weeks I do extra walking upwards of 10 miles, good walking shoes are probably in my best interests.

I was dubious, but hopeful. They do take some getting used to as they are shaped on the bottom differently than normal shoes. I find that I can only wear them about 4-6 hours before I need to take them off for a bit. But, yes, definately my legs are feeling a bit more toned, and I haven't done any extra walking in these babies yet. :) I'm looking forward to my first 3.5 miles this weekend sometime.

I'm feeling so good I might actually try to hit a black friday sale in a couple days. LOL. For those who don't know me, I hate, hate, hate shopping. And the more crowded the store, the more I hate shopping. It might come from working at Kmart for 4-5 years. Holidays are HECK if you work retail. People are rude, grabby and totally not understanding that the 18yr old working the electronics department REALLY had no control over how many of those $5 keyboards we got in. But I digress. I am feeling great. And maybe, just maybe this improved feeling/mood might help those extra pounds I have been carrying around since my baby was born, might start to come off. Let's be honest here, I don't mean I have been carrying aruond extra weight since my 2 yr old was born. I mean since my almost 7 yr old was born. Now you are wondering, doesn't she have a 10yr old? Yes, I do, and a 9 yr old too. But, betweeen my 9yr old and my almost 7 yr old, I actually got to 5 under my pre-first pregnancy weight. :-) So, I probably can do it again. LOL.

Off too the chiropractor and well-child visit for my youngest. Happy Thanksgiving all!

No comments:

Post a Comment