Friday, October 9, 2009

"I get the big finger."

Last night, I did NOT have to fly solo! And a good thing too. Jes reverted to her goopy, whiny antics. While Daddy was helping her, she was playing with a pointer, which has hand on the end. And the hand is, wait for it, pointing. Daddy took the pointer and said "I get the big finger." Which sent Mommy into a fit of giggles. Because the pointer wasn't what came to mind when he said that. Just 15 minutes prior he told me about various things he discovered "wrong" at the other house that will need fixed. I was thinking we indeed did get the big finger, again. At least there is some humor to see us through.

This morning comes and I see that our, er, um, illustrious leader, Obama, has won the Nobel Peace Prize. Really? For what you ask - I did too - for... nope, I was right, he hasn't done anything yet. It was "...a stunning decision designed to encourage his initiatives to reduce nuclear arms, ease tensions with the Muslim world and stress diplomacy and cooperation rather than unilateralism." So, yes, the big finger came out again, there are people who HAVE (as in past tense, already done) made strides toward peace.

Yep, you read that right, designed to encourage. I'm all for encouraging desired behavior, reinforcing the positive. Give the man a sticker, he has desires to do wonderful things. He wants to reduce nuclear arms and ease tensions with the Muslim world. Now, I'm not saying that these are bad goals, just that he hasn't done anything to attain said goals. Yes, his behavior chart can get a sticker, but I don't think he is ready for the Nobel Peace Prize just yet.

1 comment:

  1. First and foremost, a bit of trivia: three other presidents have received the Nobel Peace Prize. Got any ideas? I looked it up and they were: Theodore Roosevelt (1906) Woodrow Wilson (1919) and Jimmy Carter (2002).
    http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/

    Ironically, WW died the year he received it. JC had long since served when he received it...and etc. I ask...WHAT IS WRONG W/ THIS PICTURE?! Why are we handing out a sticker to someone that hasn't even shown they are worthy of getting it? It is like giving a child a sticker for making their bed and they haven't done it yet. errr...

    Too bad on the house thing...needing to do more. It is the one thing about home ownership that sucks I suppose...always having to make improvements. Blech.

    ReplyDelete