Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just a giant toy box - apparently

Have you ever noticed the crazy variety of items that can be found in a car? Single people, you are not excused from this, I have seen your car. It has been a while, but I have in fact been a single person, with a dizzying collection of items in my car. Some were intentional; keys in the glove box and glass soda bottles in the hatch so I never had to wonder about "that sound." Some just happened, stray directions, the hair clippy I took out on the way home from work, etc.

But now I have entered a whole new dimension! I have 6 kids and 1 husband. Yes, the mass can get to some gargantuan proportions. Since we returned from a cross-country drive this summer I have tried to strongly encourage my crew to bring their items out of the car with them. I have been marginally successful. :)

This morning however, I realized that my van does not simply house the eclectic array of items left behind by myself and my family. It is indeed simply a giant toy box.

Yesterday my son played basketball outside. When he came in I asked if he put the ball away. He said that he did. When I looked out by the slab, I did not see a ball and believed that he had indeed put the ball back in the shed. This morning I loaded the two youngest in the car to take Merci to preschool. What do I find on the passenger side floorboard? You guessed it. The basketball. My dear, beloved son brought the ball from the slab and shed up to the house and put it in my van. Not sure why. As I have discovered this tidbit after my children left for school I can not inquire as to the thought processes, but apparently my van is a toy box and therefore a perfectly acceptable and even preferred place to put the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment