Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Letterman = Idiot

When it came out that David Letterman had affairs and was being blackmailed. I thought, good for you, standing up for yourself. I mean, instead of letting the blackmailers lord it over his head he just stood up and admitted having affairs.

Now, it says something that I wasn't at all surprised. It seems that is what public figures do. They have a well known face, and it doesn't have to be a good looking one, and they have extracurricular bedding. Apparently it takes an unattainable amount of willpower to turn down these extra offers (and to not present the offers themselves). Yes, I have accepted that married public figures, men in particular, have affairs. It is the norm, not the exception.

Since it is the norm, I silently applauded Letterman for standing up and saying he had affairs. Why allow yourself to be blackmailed when "everybody" does it?

Now I read he apologized on his show to his wife saying "She has been horribly hurt." Really, Ya think?!? IDIOT. Talk about understatements. Public spouses don't just get cheated on and have to deal with the consequences, they have to deal with it publicly.

1 comment:

  1. I typically do not watch Letterman. I've always thought he was an idiot to begin with...

    Well said on what the public eye does to relationships.

    ReplyDelete