Sunday, October 18, 2009

Was it in one of the two designated spots?

This is a question that both my hubby and I frequently ask our children when they can't find something. Most everything has two accepted places to be, coats on the hook by the door or on the hook in your room. Shoes in your shoe bin (momma put together an awesome shoe bin with color coded drawers for everyone!) or under your bed. Glasses on your head or the table in your room.

Tonight my hubby has (present tense) a migraine. He had been laying on the couch and took his glasses off. He laid them on the floor by the couch. He later moved himself to bed - the glasses stayed behind.

At bedtime I asked for some assistance. My 23 month old was on the potty (yes, that is a shameless brag) and I had two showers to help with yet. He got up to re-dress the tot. He went for his glasses first. He found them in two different spots. That's right folks. The glasses were broke.

It was all I could do to not burst out laughing. The very first thing that ran through my mind: "Was it in one of the two designated spots?" Um, I think not.

After getting all the kids into bed I mentioned how humorous I found the glasses bit. He told me now they could be in BOTH spots at once. "They really won't stay on your face anymore." I am glad he finds it at least a little amusing because I find it quite funny. :-D

1 comment:

  1. What a great teaching lesson for the youth hey? :) Bet that the glasses will find themselves in their designated spots from here on out without much trouble.

    ReplyDelete