Friday, October 2, 2009

My grade as mom - I'm Passing!

Actually when you consider that my grade was given by my own 10yr old daughter, I'm gettin' an A!

Last night I had to take all 6 to my son's soccer practice. Luckily there is a playground nearby. The 5 girls and I headed to the playground during practice. I ran into a friend there. She has four children and until our oldest started preschool we had a weekly playgroup with a handful of other local women. Cindy always looks great! Put together, no chocolaty finger prints on her clothes, hair not only brushed but styled. She wears clothes that she didn't buy while grocery shopping at Walmart, you know clothes from actual clothing stores! She somehow seems to find time to shop! My oldest was impressed.

I know from talking with Cindy on other occasions that she feels I have it together pretty well. She has a couple of times told me "When things are hard, I think about you. You do such a great job and you have two more than me! I don't know how you do it." This tells me that both Cindy and I put on a great public face.

Anyway, as I mentioned my daughter was impressed. On the way home she was talking about how she wanted to be a "super mom" when she grows up. Ok. Um, what do you think a super mom is? "A mom that is never late, never forgets anything the kids have going on, cooks dinners, keeps the house clean, always happy..." Realizing that all of that is impossible I interrupt. "Um, sweetie, no one can do all of that, all the time." She tells me she knows. I ask her if she thinks I am a supermom. Without hesitation she tells me "Some of the time."

I swell and explode with pride and love.

1 comment:

  1. I heard that you don't have to be a "great mom" just a good one. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete