Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our own kamikaze-

As of yet, he is unsuccessful. I do believe he has earned himself a concussion or more. You see this beautiful red cardinal started flying himself into our bathroom window in Mid-October. He will fly into the window repeatedly, sometimes 15 times in a row before flying off. He does this multiple times a day. (warning: only the first 20ish seconds of the video are worth watching - unless you want to make fun of how I CANNOT hold a camera still while walking)

Now don't go off getting the incorrect opinion that my windows are just that clean. NOT the case. There has been speculation as to why "Kaze" keeps flying into our window -- seriously this guy has been at it for over 3 months. Best guess: our big red bathtub. Not sure if he wants the biggest "mate" he's ever seen or if he is trying to get in to prove that he is really the alpha bird. It is no mystery why our cat has taken to sleeping in the bathroom though. ;-)

I've tried several times to get this little birdie in action - he seems to fly off when he sees me, especially if I have a camera in hand. But about a week ago I finally managed to "capture" him.

So, I gotta wonder, what am I supposed to learn from this crazy cardinal? Is it persistence or to stop beating my head against a wall?

No comments:

Post a Comment