Friday, January 29, 2010

"Dillion, did you get presents from Santa?"

Wednesday Merce had a preschool friend (Dillion) over for a playdate. Today she tells Daddy and I that she asked Dillion if he got any presents from Santa. He told her that he did. She informed him that no, he did not. "Santa is dead." Oh!

Our seven year old figured out this year that Mom stuffs the stockings. Something about Dad's stocking having the same stuff as the kids stockings and Bekki mentioning that mom bought that watch. OOOPs. Should've remembered who was with me and given that a week later for her birthday. She asked us about Santa. Steve won't lie. The closest he will come is to say "What do you think?" Jes said that she thought I stuffed the stockings. Steve said she was a smart girl. Bekki and Mercedes were in the room for the conversation. They talked about how the legend of Santa started.

My beloved three year old, armed with freshly attained knowledge has set off to enlighten other three year olds of the farce of Santa. I guess now I sit back and wait for the fall out.

I did know to expect it. When Merce brought her firetruck to show and share at preschool, I pulled the teacher aside. I told her that Merce had learned there was no Santa and to maybe not mention "the man in red" when they talked about her receiving the firetruck for Christmas. I did try. Luckily, I mentioned to Dillion's mom that Merce knew. So, hopefully it won't be a huge shock for her when she finds out what Merce told him.

And if we are all really lucky, she won't find out that Merce happily declared that Dillion has "parts like Josh." Yep, that is a whole different post.

1 comment:

  1. It is just the beginning with this child...I can feel it. :) Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete