Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Today's project

We are rearranging our office so that it will be easier for Steve to work from home. Because of construction at work he will need to have a good working environment here. As part of this task we have ordered a couple tables to replace the desks we currently have. The were scheduled to arrive at 11:00 am. It is now 2:26pm. I guess my time is some how less valuable then the delivery drivers? A phone call is difficult? I did have a heads up about this as I called my husband at 11:30. He called the company and was told that they were short a driver and that our tables had not yet left. So...

I started the strawberry jam that I was going to make after the tables arrived. I cooked the jam, I added the pectin, I boiled it some more. I poured it in clean jars, put lids and rings on the jars. Put them in the water bath to boil. Read a book to my 3 and 2 yr olds. Took the jars out after 12 minutes in the bath. Heard the beautiful popping sound of nine jars sealing. Watched my soap opera and yet I wait for this truck.

The upside is that the jam smelled delish! And tested as good as it smelled. I can't wait to pop open a jar tomorrow and make some pb&j's!

Um, patience is not my long suit, can you tell? LOL

2 comments:

  1. At first, I wanted to react by clicking cool but realized that it is not cool of the delivery driver to not be on time. But hey, so cool on the jam and I cannot wait to try some this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I wish I knew how to make jam. Boo on the delivery driver.

    ReplyDelete