Saturday, February 6, 2010

Reincarnation?

The other day Steve told me that his brain turned off somewhere between Merce telling him that "If you die you get to start all over" and "You can be a boy or a girl if you have surgery." We're just gonna leave that second one alone for now... but I can tell ya who to thank... that "guy" that had a kid last year.

I posted the quotes on my facebook page because Merce is such a riot I really can't keep her to myself - I got share the fun. :) After reading the quotes my brother texted me and asked if we were a "reincarnation household."

I don't make any claims either way. Children make a compelling argument for reincarnation though. Especially my Brandy. My mother in law (a ELCA pastor) has always said that Brandy has an "old soul." But more compelling than her maturity is her "memories." I first witnessed her memories of things that had never happened to her when she was just 2 yrs old. At the time we did not have a tv, we were not in college and we didn't know anyone who was in college. Brandy came out of her bedroom crying. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that her kids had gone off to college and she missed them. She had very clear and vivid details about her son and daughter leaving in a red car together for college. More recently she was sure that she had sat on our couch watching tv with some woman who spent her life watching tv and smoking. She was dead sure that some woman sat on our couch smoking with Brandy right next to her. I can assure you that no one has smoked in our home for longer than we have had children.

So, I'm curious, what are your thoughts on reincarnation? Possible, probable or completely impossible?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...you know, I don't know exactly what to say to this except that I have had some really odd dreams of the dead people in my life. So...hard to know. Might want to stop watching the psychic chic on maury. ;)

    ReplyDelete