Thursday, February 25, 2010

I admit it - I'm uber excited

My oldest is a really girly-girl. I am not. She loves to shop and get dolled up, I do not.

She wrote out her birthday list a few weeks ago, and the thing she wanted most was a day with mom. "Shopping or something." I talked to Steve about it, as he would need to watch the other kids. I told him I was thinking about taking her to a spa and getting a manicure/pedicure or something. He suggested we get a hotel and make it a weekend thing. Cool. So, I told Brandy about my plans, hotel, manicure, shopping, etc. She was way excited.

While most of this is not stuff I would choose do do myself, seeing how excited my nearly 11 year old daughter is to spend time doing this with me, got me excited. :) I mean, how many daughters WANT to spend time with their mom? I know I did not! I booked the hotel yesterday and scheduled our pedicures and she is also going to get makeup applied. I figured, I don't know squat about makeup, maybe if someone else does it and I watch we can figure out how she should be doing it. LOL.

So, I think we will spend Friday afternoon at the mall, check into the hotel, swim, eat dinner, maybe catch a movie, then Saturday morning we go to the spa and get our toes done. (I picked pedicures because I hear they come with great leg and foot massages!) Then I think I will take her to Picture People and get her picture taken all dolled up. Either Friday evening or Saturday lunch we will eat at Cheesecake Factory - YUM! I'll share a meal (they are huge) but she's gotta get her own dessert. LOL.

I better be making sure I am REALLY good about working out for the next 6 weeks or so - don't want that cheesecake to hurt me too much. ;-) And I'm kind of hoping that I can make similar plans (all day together doing fun, for my child) for each of my children's eleventh birthdays! How wonderful would it be if all my children still want to spend time with me when they are eleven!

No comments:

Post a Comment