Sunday, February 28, 2010

What has that woman been up to?

or sew sane II. I have been pretty quiet this week. So, I thought I would share some of what I have been doing - you know other than the normal mom stuff. And this week the kids have given me just a bit more mom stuff to do. Wednesday morning started off with one child throwing up in bed at 4:45 am, Thursday a different child was sick and Friday yet another child was down. Luckily, I only had one mess to clean up and as far as messes go, it was a small one. :)

So, I am still trying to exercise regularly, I wasn't as good this week. I think I missed the 'mill three out of 7 days -- but on one of those days I walked for around 3 hours total and another day I swam with the kids for about 2 hours. Anyway - on to the fun stuff!

As I mentioned in the above post, my sister not only motivated me to start taking better care of myself, she motivated me to dust off my sewing machines. I did eventually find some of the print she really liked and shipped off a big ole box of napkins to her. :) Ok, not that big of a box but I think it held something like 40-50 napkins.

While the machines were out and dusted off, I looked at the January preschool calender and realized that Merce had a pj day coming up at school. Merce didn't have any jammies suitable for preschool, so I pulled out my fabric stash and came across some cute penguins on sea foam green. I made her some pjs.

Which started the great pj month. I realized that Josh needed more pjs. He got a pair of camo flannel jammies. Steve has been wanting flannel pjs all winter. I wasn't successful at finding his size in stores, so I made him some pj pants out of some football flannel I had laying around... yep, that is jammies for three Wills, out straight out of my stash box! Then Jes said she wanted some with this cheetah fabric she saw in my box.

You see where this is going right? I have now made pjs for 1/2 my kids... Yep. Brandy was next. We picked out some fabric that I had, but she didn't seem excited about it and I had already decided to make some napkins for another friend, who happens to like Tweety. So, I had her look on the site I was going to buy Tweety from and she picked some cute pandas on blue flannel. I came next as I discovered that the elastic band of my Cookie Monster pj pants was wearing out. I made me some Dr. Seuss Thing One and Thing Two pants! FUN! And still from my fabric stash. Then Rita with some surfin' monkeys on blue (stash) and Bekki with adorable hearts on light blue (stash) - but I didn't have enough of that fabric so I ended up making her pants from a tye-dye look purple flannel (had to buy that one... darn, I had to go into a fabric store... mmmm, fabric)

So, now I am done with pjs, for now. I have made pjs for 8 people in about 6 weeks. I do know that come summer I have at least one more pair to make as my nephew was sent a pair of pjs that Josh outgrew and he told his mom he wished she could make pjs like Aunt Barb. I told sis to let him know that when we see him this summer that he and I could pick out fabric and I would make some for him. :)

I haven't even gotten started telling you about all the napkins I made... but we'll save that for another day. I'm just thrilled to be behind my machines again. And my stash box is a whole lot lighter for it. LOL.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could make pjs like aunt barb ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock! And her napkins do too...just in case people are wondering!

    ReplyDelete