Saturday, February 13, 2010

"There's been a bad accident..."

These words will make your heart stop when they are said to you by the school transportation! Luckily, she immediately said "Let me start over. There is a bad accident on 46 and the bus can't get to your stop." Ok, I like that better. I look outside as we are figuring out where to meet the bus to get our kids. My lane is blocked with completely stopped traffic going west but nothing is heading east, NOTHING. The highway was completely closed due to the accident.

This accident happened just two houses down the road from us. As soon as I got on the highway and headed toward Menard's, where I would be meeting the bus. I called Will. We always get together with their family on Fridays. I let him know that we would be over early today. I knew there was no way I was going to get home anytime soon.

Brandy had a concert last night and we drove by the scene about 3 hours after the accident, there were still two police cars and 2 news crews out there! I don't think any news crews were able to get anything but still pictures from this accident as there was no way video crews could get there.

Our deepest sympathies to the families of the victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment