Sunday, January 24, 2010

The weekend

As far as my own healthy lifestyle goes - I haven't been very good this weekend. :( Friday was a bad, bad day. Yesterday wasn't a lot better in the food department. But I felt better about my choices and my control of the situation. You see, I took one child to lunch after an appointment that she had (and I got a massage during her appointment!) She chose McDonald's, I chose a grilled chicken sandwich with light mayo and a bottle of water. I drank the water and refilled it. :) Steve and I went on our first date in MONTHS! We didn't allow ourselves enough time to eat a "nice" meal. So we drove through Arby's. I got a jr. roastbeef with no sauces and a bottle of water. At the theater, I did indulge in a small popcorn with "butter" topping and a large bottle of water. Who can go to the theater and resist popcorn?

On our date we saw Avatar 3D. Steve had seen Avatar at our local theater with a couple of the kids (non-3D), but wanted to see it again. I'm not sure it was worth the extra cost to see it in 3D, but now we know. :) The movie is worth a see.

And in other news, we have mice - AGAIN! We live in an old house (1945) in the country, even with a cat, I think we are doomed to have mice in the winter. The cat is the reason I know they are back though. She has been going nutty to get into some of our cupboards - of course I let her. :D I also put mouse/rat poison down in a few places I know they are likely to visit. Since it has been cleaned out the last three nights in a row - I'm guessing I need to be prepared for the house to smell for a few days. :-S Honestly, I'd rather deal with that, then setting traps and having to take care of the deceased and any mess left behind! And yes, it would be me taking care of it. As if The Gods would smile on me enough to have Steve around when I discover that it needs taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment