Thursday, December 10, 2009

Merce'll set you straight

On nicer days I walk over to the preschool to pick up Merce. This was the case a few weeks ago. On days I walk, I tend to wait until all the cars clear out before heading home with the double stoller. As we wait, it is not uncommon to talk with one or both of Merce's preschool teachers. So there we were, talking like that, when who should come up? The tall man! Yep! Merce, seemingly out of no where, says "If you put this finger up alone, it means f*&# you." Um, whoa. You just said that to your preschool teacher, in front of your mom. Mom probably should respond... "um, boy the things they learn from older siblings." Merce continues talking about the middle finger, and how f*&# you, is a bad word. The teacher explains how they have been singing the song "Thumbkin" with all the fingers and the middle one happens to be "tall man." Ok. I now know why it came up between my kids. I attempt to tell Merce that putting only the middle finger up means "f*&# you" only if that what you want it to mean.

It didn't stick. A few weeks later she very happily told the three year old son of some good friends the same thing. :-O

Any guesses as to whether I am up for trouble or not? LOL.

In other news, there is a open house at our old place on Sunday. Prayers/good thoughts GREATLY appreaciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment