Sunday, December 20, 2009

Two Thirds visit Santa

MyAlbumPics.com - Check out my Image
For the first time in at least three years I took kids to see Santa. I dread and drag my feet on this every year. The lines are long, I can't just snap a picture on my camera like my parents could years ago, the Santa usually looks so fake that three year olds notice... Just not psyched for that kind of thing. This year I told the kids I would take them.

Here we are, the Sunday before Christmas. If I'm going to follow through on my promise, I better get a move on! My hubby is helping his brother move today, so it is probably a pretty good day to take the kids. The older two decide that they would rather help Will move than see Santa. Ok. Steve takes them and I take the other 4. I look up times Santa is at the mall. Decide to try to hit him early. We load up in the Honda (yes, we have a Honda now!) and head to the mall. There is a very short line, like 3 families in front of us. Woot! Santa looks pretty good this year, the beard and girth are au natural. Another Woot! $15 for one 4x6 picture - no woot. But, they have a website and let me share the image on facebook and blogger, so er, um, ok. LOL.

The kids asked for things I had never heard them even remotely interested in until today (except Merce: she wants a skateboard... she's 3). Rita was a little unsure about Santa. As you can see, there are no tears, this is better that her mommy did 35+ years ago, and Grandma has pictures to prove it. LOL. All in all a good trip to see Santa. Who knows maybe we will do it again next year... and maybe a little earlier in the season so Santa has time to get the items asked for... (note to self)

While in line we chatted with the mom and daughter behind us. She was commenting on our large, well-behaved family. I smiled and told her the other third were with daddy. :) So, we got to talking about families. Her daughter is an only child and wants siblings, my oldest has days when she would love to be the only. LOL. Anyway, God blessed us by bumping into her, and may he richly bestow many, many blessings on her and her family!

No comments:

Post a Comment