Thursday, December 24, 2009

Moms' are funny -

And by that, I mean me. :-P Around 6 o'clock last night I realized that I had walked around all day with one leg of my jeans rolled up and the other not. The funny thing is, I just shook my head and giggled. I even went to the chiropractor like that. Now I know why he stared at my shoes when I climbed on the table. LOL. Hopefully he got his giggles for the day. This is something new. I have done the shopping trip with a burp towel on my shoulder - even when I left the baby with daddy. Hehehe. I counted that as sleep deprivation combined with that being a standard part of my clothing at the time - I would have felt naked without it. But this... I don't have an excuse for this.

Then, my big excitement for the night? I figured out how to take the top rack out of my dishwasher!!! We are giving Rita's old booster seat away to a family expecting a baby. I wanted to get that seat clean for them. Apparently not everyone thinks items should be cleaned before giving them away. You should see the spider egg sacks that are on some bookcases that came by this week. But, I digress. I wanted the seat clean before giving it away. Wiping it down with a cloth got the seat itself clean, but the straps were - well, YUCK! Since it is hard plastic it can't really go in the washing machine... the d/w! I tried all kinds of angles to attempt to get it to fit. Then I thought, the d/w at the other house has a top rack that comes out. Maybe this one does too. YIPEE! It does. :)

It's the little things that make me leap for joy and excitement. LOL. Now... if only my kids could get along... really, right now it is just one youngster who is not dealing well with siblings winning a video game. Hehe. I think he gets his wonderful gaming spirit from his Grandma Barb - not a fan of playing with her. If she is losing she will whine and moan the whole game, if she is winning she will sit there and cackle and tease about the other person losing. Yep, lots of fun to play with. ;-)

I'm off to shower, hit Walmart for the last minute candies for the stocking and maybe ingredients for some tasty treats. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I've done that thing with the one up one down thing but I had two different tennis shoes on. I've also started making cookies from one recipe in a book, only to finish with a recipe on the next page. Yep...I think they call it momsense. :D

    And on the gaming thing, I think it just you know, happens. I myself have a very competitive "spirit" which I have tried to calm over time but when "Settlers" comes out, it is hard to keep it all covered up. (Settlers is a German game that I cannot wait to play with you and your hubby...)

    Anyway, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete