Monday, December 14, 2009

Merce-tales, Merce-tales, now it's time for Merce-tales


A while back, I mentioned that our van was starting to give up the ghost. Steve asked his brother, a new Mazda car salesman to start paying attention to the used cars that came onto his lot. I sent Ken my list of hoped for items on my future van. Some were deal breakers, others were just hoped for items.

Ken called and told us about an '08 Odyssey on their lot. After some talking, number crunching, etc. We decided to go ahead and get this van. It is real sweet.

Daddy went to take care of the purchase on Saturday. He took four of the hooligans with him. One of them was our dear Merce. Know where this is going? Yep, it's a Merce-tale.

They walk into the dealership and there is a red Mazda convertible in the middle of the show room. Merce walks up to it excited and entranced. She says "Daddy this car is a w e s o m e! At first she had her hands in front of her a mere inches from the car, like she was afraid to touch such a beautiful creature. (Much like her mommy has been from time to time around classic 'stangs.) Then she starts rubbing her tummy and her back on the car and saying things like "I really like this car, daddy!" LOL. I guess all the sales people, other customers and my family were laughing. Her uncle says it is quite possible they put the security video on you-tube. (this is not the uncle that works there.) Ah, I would have loved to have seen that! :)

Instead, I had opted to stay home. I had the "bookends." It was a very nice enjoyable day and I got a good bit of bonding time with my oldest daughter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment